Willimantic Waste Paper was first started by Patrick DeVivo more than 60 years ago. James DeVivo joined his father in 1950 and ultimately assumed responsibility for the company in 1970. Jim’s sudden passing in 1996 was a shock, not only for his family, but for the community as a whole. Jim led the expansion of the business in many directions while at the same time emphasizing the firm’s long-held policy of “investing in the community” — a guiding principle still in force today.
Now managed by the family’s third generation, WWP has grown steadily to include three waste and recycling plants, a transfer station, over 160 employees, and an extensive collection and trucking system.
In the 1940’s, WWP was dedicated to recycling metal, rags and paper in the immediate Willimantic, Connecticut area. While those services continue today, WWP now offers much more — a full range of recycling, collection, and disposal services throughout Connecticut and the New England region.