How To Be Smart with your Carts
Willimantic Waste’s curbside collection program provides customers with rolling carts for trash and recycling. The rolling carts are. larger than your average tash container but easier to maneuver and get to the curb. Carts come in two convenient, easy to use sizes 65 and 95 gallons. If you do not have a Willimantic Waste rolling cart, please give our office a call at 860-423-4527 for more information.
With our automated service, cart placement is extremely important to guarantee our trucks can access them for pickup on collection days. The mechanical arm on the garbage trucks needs to have clear access to your cart(s). Proper cart placement also ensures your cart(s) are not missed on your scheduled collection day.
Please see the example below showing proper cart placement.
- Place your Garbage and/or recycling in the cart(s) provided to you by Willimantic Waste
- Put your cart(s) at the roadside by 6:00am on your scheduled collection day.
- Do not overfill or place things outside of your cart
- Place your cart(s) within two feet of the roadside, with the handle facing toward your property.
- Each cart should have three feet between it and any other item such as another cart, mailbox, telephone pole, etc.